I was perusing my Facebook and found a wonderful page in there the other day. I found a page called Women Working. The link is https://www.facebook.com/womenworking/. It is going to be my affirmation finder for the year 2014. Remember a while back I had stated that I was going to start saying affirmations in the morning. This is definitely it for you ladies and for the gentlemen as well.
If you are ever feeling in the need for being told the truth or being told that you were on the right track this website will have a quote or an article or something for you that will support you whether you were right or wrong. I suggest that you take a look. Here are some of the interesting quotes I found and we can discuss as I go:
7 Cardinal Rules for Life
(VERY IMPORTANT! I THINK THIS DESCRIBES WHAT WE LEARN AS WE GROW OLDER AND BECOME SENIOR CITIZENS)
1. Make peace with your past so it won’t disturb your present. (Ok ladies, I know what you are thinking- I am done with my past. But truth is your past will always rear its ugly head up to hurt you if you are not careful. Things stated in the past, things stated in the present –all connected somehow. A boss you used to work for now knows your current boss and oh boy they had a conversation about you. A relationship in which you told something that was private and that was detrimental to you or someone else, is now back in your present life. Oh My God how do I handle it you say? Well you deal with it. When it happens if possible or as soon as you can. Advice I need to take very much to heart. )
2. What other people think of you is none of your business. (Hold up wait a minute? Are you for real? But ladies, it is kind of true. What other people think of you depending on what it is will do one of these things: cause you hurt, causes you anger, cause your retaliation, or cause your passive tendency. WE have to recognize that when it occurs to handle it. Again some advice I need to take very much to heart.)
3. Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
4. No one is in charge of your happiness. Except you. (Now this shouldn’t be hard right? Do you realize how hard this concept actually is for some people-very hard. But once you do this- nothing fazes you unless it really affects you in some way. You will be content, you will be rested and peaceful, your body will grow strong and healthy [even if you aren’t strong and healthy], and your smile will be brighter.
5. Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them, you have no idea what their journey is all about. (So true. You ARE NOT them.)
6. Stop thinking too much. It’s alright not to know the answer. They will come to you when you least expect it.
7. Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world. The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.
WORDS TO LIVE BY LADIES AND TO LEARN AS WE GROW OLDER. WE GROW UNTIL WE DIE.
21 Suggestions for Success
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that’s worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
5. Be generous.
6. Have a grateful heart.
7. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
8. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
9. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know. (Please excuse I switched numbers 4 and 9)
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal.
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even if it means you sometimes be wrong. (OMG-I get caught out there for this all the time. ALL THE TIME. Make a decision. I don’t have all day. You turn into this wishy washy person and I don’t like it. It’s a yes or no decision. So what is it YES or NO?)
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things you don’t do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your Mom proud.
Another helpful place to find affirmations was given to me by a Facebook friend who saw it on Elite Daily. The website link is: https://www.elitedaily.com/life/20s-things-you-need-to-let-go-to-live-happy-life/.
And last but not least of my affirmations on this Monday January 6, 2014, is this quote I found on this Facebook website which states:
A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is for more attractive than one who waits around for someone to validate her existence. This is a link from the website: www.morethanlatina.com.
And that’s it for AFFIRMATION MONDAY Ladies, hope to see you again next time.